This Java class will introduce students to the fundamentals of Object oriented programming in java including different kinds of loops and functions. Students will use Repl.it, a free ide that is online and easy to use. Students enrolled in this class will have the opportunity to use their problem-solving skills and will be guided by outstanding teachers.
Topics Covered :
- Print Statements
- Errors - syntax, runtime, logic
- Data types - str, int, bool, float
- Variables - naming restrictions, uses and application
- Arithmetic operations
- String concatenation
- Lists and Sets
- Logical operators
- For and While Loops
In the beginning of the session, the students will learn about the basics of java and later work on a separate project on their own with the guidance of the instructors
- No prior knowledge needed, but they must be excited to learn!
- Computer with access to Internet
- Google Classroom
- A physical or digital notebook where you can take notes on (optional, but highly recommended)